Natural ways to boost immunity system
With a world full of infections, flu, viruses, microorganism do you wonder how you can live healthy and carefree? Well, thanks to our immune system which defends us from every disease-causing microbes which lead to health problems and illness.
The immune system is our body’s natural defence system. It’s a combination of cells, tissues, and organs that blends together to defend your body against invaders. Those invaders can include bacteria, viruses, parasites, even a fungus, all with the potential to make us sick. They are everywhere – in our homes, offices, schools and backyards.
Treating your body with certain foods may help keep your immune system strong. If you're looking for ways to prevent winter colds and the flu. Fruits rich in vitamin C as it helps build up your immune system. Vitamin C is thought to increase the production of white blood cells that fight infections & helps in boosting your immune system, vitamin C may help maintain healthy skin.
Besides those foods like broccoli, ginger, garlic, spinach, yoghurt, shellfish, almonds, turmeric, green tea, papaya, kiwi, poultry & sunflower seeds are equally very essential to build and strengthen our immune system.
Step beyond gratitude to optimize the functions of our immune system. These steps should be followed on a day to day basis to get the best result in getting a healthy & strong immune system naturally.
- Always remember to take your vitamin A-B-C-D-Es. Vitamins A, B2, B6, C, D and E seem to play a key role in helping us avoid illness.
- Get some sun. Natural sunlight helps our bodies to manufacture vitamin D which plays an important role in helping our immune systems produce antibodies and fight any illness.
- Get enough sleep and manage stress. Sleep deprivation and stress overload increase the hormone cortisol, which suppresses immune function.
- Avoid tobacco smoke. It undermines basic immune defences
- Drink less alcohol. Excessive consumption affects the immune system and increases vulnerability.
- Eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds, which will provide your body with the nutrients your immune system needs. Adults showed that boosting fruit and vegetable intake improved antibody response to the Pneumovax vaccine, which protects against germs & infections.